The bill prohibits a licensed physician specializing in psychiatry or a licensed, certified, or registered mental health care provider from engaging in conversion therapy with a patient under 18 years of age. A licensee who engages in these efforts is subject to disciplinary action by the appropriate licensing board. Conversion therapy means efforts that seek to change an individual's sexual orientation, including efforts to change behaviors or gender expressions or to eliminate or reduce sexual or romantic attraction or feelings toward individuals of the same sex.
- Senate Committee on State, Veterans, & Military Affairs Postpone Indefinitely (04/23/2018)
- Introduced In Senate - Assigned to State, Veterans, & Military Affairs (04/05/2018)
- House Second Reading Laid Over to 04/02/2018 - No Amendments (03/29/2018)
- House Second Reading Laid Over to 03/28/2018 - No Amendments (03/27/2018)
- House Committee on Public Health Care & Human Services Refer Unamended to House Committee of the Whole (03/20/2018)
- Introduced In House - Assigned to Public Health Care & Human Services (02/14/2018)