Under existing law, the keeper of a jail is required to maintain records concerning the persons confined in the jail. The bill expands the information that a keeper of a jail is required to maintain. The keeper is required to submit a quarterly report of this information to the division of criminal justice within the department of public safety (division), and the division is required to publish that information in a searchable and sortable format. A law enforcement agency that operates a jail that does not comply with the quarterly reporting requirement is subject to a $500 fine. The bill requires the Colorado commission on criminal and juvenile justice to study the development of a system to monitor and report the information required in the bill in real time.
- Sent to the Governor (05/16/19)
- Signed by the President of the Senate (05/16/2019)
- Senate Third Reading Passed - No Amendments (05/03/2019)
- Introduced In Senate - Assigned to Judiciary (04/27/19)
- House Third Reading Passed - No Amendments (04/26/19)
- House Second Reading Special Order - Passed with Amendments - Committee (04/25/19)
- Introduced In House - Assigned to Judiciary (04/01/2019)