For purposes of the census, the federal census bureau counts prisoners in the correctional facility in which they were housed as of April 1 of the year in which the census was taken. For redistricting purposes only, the bill reassigns those persons to their last known residence in Colorado prior to incarceration. If the last known residence is outside of Colorado or the last known residence is unknown, the prisoners are redistricted using the address of the correctional facility. The bill directs the department of corrections to report data it already collects to the legislative council staff and the office of legislative legal services (nonpartisan staff) and nonpartisan staff to adjust the redistricting data file of population to be used in redistricting of legislative and congressional districts.
- Governor Signed (03/20/2020)
- Sent to the Governor (03/16/2020)
- Senate Third Reading Passed - No Amendments (02/25/2020)
- House Third Reading Passed - No Amendments (02/06/2020)
- House Second Reading Passed with Amendments - Committee (2/5/20)
- House Committee on State, Veterans, & Military Affairs Refer Amended to House Committee of the Whole (1/30/20)
- Introduced In House - Assigned to State, Veterans, & Military Affairs (01/08/2020)